Welcome to the website of San Juan County Public Hospital District #2, which you may see or hear commonly referred to as the Lopez Island Hospital District or LIHD. This website offers information about the District such as:
Public Hospital Districts (PHDs) are community-created, governmental entities authorized by state law to deliver health care services for the residents of such Districts and other persons. As outlined in the Revised Code of Washington (RCW), PHDs are governed by an elected Board of Commissioners whose powers and duties are outlined in RCW 70.44.060.
In April 2017, a Special Election was held and 85.82 percent of Lopezians (940 people) voted to create the Lopez Island Hospital District. In the same election, voters selected five Commissioners to govern the District. Following the first election, Commissioners will serve six-year terms; however, the first Commissioners have varied terms to assure staggered turnover. The initial Board of Commissioners and their term limits are as follows:
- Christa Campbell (Position #1; term ends 2021)
- Iris Graville, 2020 Board President (Position #3; term ends 2021)
- Albert Berger, 2020 Board Secretary (Position #5; term ends 2025)
- Steven Greenstein (Appointed to Position #2 in June 2020 to fill vacant seat; appointment ends 2021 and elected position's term ends 2025)
- James Orcutt (Position #4; re-elected 11/17; second term ends 2023)
District commissioners can be reached via email as listed on the Contact Us page.
One of the first actions of the Commissioners was to appoint a Superintendent. The Superintendent is responsible for the efficient administration of all affairs of the District. In January 2018, the District officially appointed Anne L. Presson to serve in the role of Superintendent. If you have questions about the District that aren’t answered here, please contact Anne via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (360) 622-2729
- Mobile/Text: (360) 230-9414
- In Person: Office hours vary and appointments can be scheduled at any time
If you have questions or concerns about the operation or services provided by the UW Medicine Lopez Island Clinic, please contact Crystal Rovente, Clinic Manager. Crystal can be reached at (360) 468-2245 or via email: email@example.com.